Burritos are filled with a savory filling, most often meat such as chicken, beef, or pork, and often include a large array of other ingredients such as rice, cooked beans (either whole or refried), vegetables such as lettuce and tomatoes, cheese, and condiments such as salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, or crema.
The Following Recipe is of Chicken Burrito
• 1 lb. lean ground chicken
• 1 1 ounce packet taco seasoning mix
• 1 ½ cups kidney beans
• ¾ cup corn kernels
• ¾ cup bell pepper
• 3 cups cooked rice
• 6 large 10-inch flour tortillas
• 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
Optional garnish: Finely diced red onion; lettuce; diced tomato or salsa; sour cream; fresh cilantro; avocado or guacamole.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook minced chicken with the taco seasoning mix, according to seasoning package instructions.
- To prepare 1 burrito: spread ¼ cup beans down center of tortillas; top with ½ cup rice, minced chicken, 2 tablespoons corn, ¾ cup bell pepper, and ¼ cup cheese.
- Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, and then roll up, burrito-style. Place, seam-sides down, in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients to prepare 6 total burritos.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes (until heated through).