Chocolate Mousse is one of the dishes people love the most. We normally eat this at restaurants. So why not prepare this easy Chocolate Mousse at home?
Here is a complete and simple recipe for you all to try Easy Chocolate Mousse. The preparation time will hardly take 15-20 mins and cooking
time can take at least 1 hour.
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup good-quality chocolate chips or coarsely chopped chocolate (6 ounces)
- Garnish options: grated chocolate or crunchy toppings, such as chopped nuts, toffee, or brittle
- Warm 1/2 cup cream and use it to melt the chocolate. Heat 1/2 cup of the cream in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and stir to combine. Set the bowl aside for 5 minutes for the chocolate to melt.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream together. Whisk the chocolate and cream together until smooth. Set aside to cool while you whip the remaining cream.
- Beat the remaining cream to medium peaks. Place the remaining 1 cup cold cream in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer or with a whisk by hand until soft peaks form. Transfer 1/2 cup this soft whipped cream to a small bowl and refrigerate for topping the finished mousse before serving. Continue whipping the remaining whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate in three additions. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture with a large spatula in three additions. Work swiftly and gently and don’t stress if there are streaks of cream in the chocolate mousse.
- Portion the mousse and chill before serving. Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins or cocktail glasses. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Dollop with the reserved softly whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate or chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
Note:- The above-mentioned ingredients and method serves up to 4 people.