Known as one of the popular Breakfast items for Gujarati & Maharashtrian people. We are glad that Our Mumbai Based Food Blogger Swati Satam
pursuing masters and also loves to cook various lip-smacking dishes shared the beautiful Homemade Khandvi
Recipe with us.
Here is the complete recipe for Homemade Khandvi. Do share your valuable comments below.
Khandvi (serves 3-4 people)
- 1-cup besan
- 1-cup dahi
- 1-cup water
- 1 tsp ginger and green chili paste
- Pinchfull of turmeric
Ingredients For tadka-
- 1tsp Rai
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Coriander and coconut (optional) for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk it to make a smooth lump-free batter
- Take a kadhai and heat this batter into medium flame and stir continuously with the help of spatula until it becomes translucent in texture.
- The procedure will take for around 6-7 mins....Take a plate upside down (plain) and Greece it with oil.
- Pour the batter little by little and spread it to make a thin layer.
- Wait for 3-4 mins until it gets cold.
- And cut into 1-inch pieces and gently roll it
Just in case if you are doubtful whether the besan batter is done or not just take a small portion into a greased plate and check it whether it's getting rolled or not and then turn off the flame.