Shahi Gulab Jamun
is an Indian Sweet dish is known to many of the people.Ever tried to get hands to try this Yummy Recipe? Well, We have Ms. Pooja Sakpal
from Mumbai who loves cooking and herself is a passionate gourmet, an Insurance advisor, and a teacher by Profession.
Here is a complete recipe of Shahi Gulab jamun using Gits Packet.
Ingredient for syrup
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 2½ cups Water
- 8-10 Saffron Strands (Kesar), optional
- 4 Green Cardamom Pods (or 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder)
Ingredient for Jamun
- 100 gms Pack of Gits Gulab Jamun Ready Mix (or any other brand)
- 3-4 tablespoons Milk or Water
- 2 tablespoons chopped Pistachio or Almonds, optional
- 10 Saffron Strands (Kesar), optional
- Oil or Ghee, for deep frying
- Take 1½ cups sugar, 4 green cardamom pods, 8-10 saffron strands, and 2½ cups water in a deep pan.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and bring it to boil over medium flame. When it comes to a rolling boil, reduce the flame to low and cook it until syrup turns little sticky.
- Open any pack of Gits Gulab Jamun Ready Mix and transfer the content to a wide bowl.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of milk evenly over it. Mix it together gently using your hand. Do not worry if the mixture turns sticky.
- Knead the mixture into a smooth and soft dough. If the mixture turns dry, add few tablespoons of milk and knead again.
- Prepare the dry fruit and saffron stuffing. Take chopped pistachio and saffron strands in a small plate. This is an optional process and you can skip this.
- Take one portion and make a round-shaped ball from it. Press it a little between your palms and give it a flat pattie like shape as shown in the picture.
- Put 5-6 pieces of chopped pistachio and a strand of saffron in the center.
- Make remaining balls in the same way. Cover the balls with a wet cloth.
- While you are making the balls, take oil/ghee in a deep frying pan and put it to heat over a medium flame so that when you are done preparing balls, the oil will be almost ready for deep frying them.
- Drain Jamuns using a slotted spoon and transfer them over kitchen napkin on a plate. Let them cool for 4-5 minutes before adding them to the sugar syrup.
- Warm the sugar syrup by heating it over medium flame for around 4-5 minutes. Turn off the flame and add deep fried Jamuns in it and keep them in syrup for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
- Shahi gulab jamun is ready to serve.