is considered to be a Special Indian vegetarian fast food in the Maharashtra region. Most of Marathi people have it as a snack at home along with the green chutney. Batata vada is known for its specialty in Bombay. Today we are revealing a recipe of Homemade Batata vada
by Mumbai based Investment banker who is also a Foodie by fate Pratiksha Keer
. She also loves to cook sometimes. These Yummy aloo Vadas are best enjoyed when they are served hot. Do try it out and let us know in the comment section.
Recipe for Home-made Batata Vada
Ingredients for batata Vada
- Mashed boiled potatoes
- Garlic ginger
- Curry leaves and mustard
- Mash the boiled potatoes
- Make a thick mixture of ginger, garlic, and chili in the mixer. ( Not a paste, keep it in small pieces)
- Heat oil
- Add curry leaves and mustard to the oil, then add the garlic-ginger mixture and then potatoes.
- Mix well. Your potato stuffing is ready.
- Make round balls of potato stuffing.
- Now take a bowl. Add besan (flour), salt, and water.
- Make a thick mixture
- Dip potato balls in the flour (besan) mixture and deep fry hi hot oil.
- Crispy, tasty, Batata Vada is ready.
- Serve it with green chutney or ketchup.
- Eat as it is or with Pav