A mango pickle is a variety of pickle prepared using mango.It is a very popular in South and Southeast Asia. These sometimes spicy pickles are also available commercially.
Here is the complete Recipe of Instant pickle of raw mango by Odisha Food Blogger Itishreeya
Instant Mango Pickle
- Diced raw mango-of 1 mango
- Panch poron-1tbsp(a mixture of Fenugreek, fennel seeds, mustard seeds,cumin seeds & black cumin seeds.1:1:2:3:1)
- Roasted cumin & dry red chilly powder (2:1)
- Just a pinch of turmeric powder
- Turn on the flame & heat the pan.\
- Add 2tbsp oil.Once the pan is heated up then add the panch poron ,hing & sliced green chillies.
- Panch poron have changed the colour & now add the curry leaves.
- Then add the crushed ginger.Then cook it for just 1minute on a low flame.Fry it until the raw smell of the ginger goes away.
- Add the diced mango.Then add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Cook it for 4-5 mintues on a low flame.Now check it & add the jaggery/sugar.Cover the lid.
- After 3-4 mintues check it again.Diced mangoes are softer now.Add salt to taste.
- Cover & cook until the jaggery/sugar melt completely.Don't add a little water now.
- Stir in between.After 4-5 minutes here the jaggery has melted completely.Now add 1/2 glass of water.
- Cover it & cook it for more 4-5 minutes.It's been 5 minutes & the mangoes are softer now.
- Then add 1tbsp roasted cumin & red chilly powder in it.Stir it.Then turn of the flame.
- Sweet mango pickle is ready.Have it with roti or parathas.You can also have it with rice & dal.