Information on Beetroot
Beet also is known as beetroot is a popular root vegetable in India that can be eaten raw, steamed, or roasted. Beetroots have several health benefits and are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. The green beet leaves are of vitamin A, C, K, and B2.
One of the perfect accompaniment to a spicy dish should be Beetroot Raita. Need a try to make it at your home?. Mumbai based blogger Vaishali Pednekar who works as Marketing Coordinator in a reputed firm has an interest in drawing and craft activities and also a Foodie has shared Beetroot Raita recipe with us.
Here is a complete recipe. Do share your valuable comments with us.
- Half cup Grated Beetroot
- Cumin powder
- Amchur powder
- Homemade Curd (Or store available Curd)
- black salt
- 3-4 Crushed pudina leaves
- Add Curd in a bowl and whisk nicely.
- add 1/2 spoon of cumin powder and amchur powder.
- Then add a pinch of black salt and another pinch of normal iodine salt
- Add 1/4spoon of sugar as per taste.
- Add crushed Pudina Leaves.
- Give a quick mix to everything.
- Finally add grated Beetroot in it mix nicely.
- Pinkish Beetroot Raita is ready to serve.
- It can be served with biryani pulav, Any type of Parathas or it can be eaten as diet food. As it's very beneficial for Glowing Skintone.
- If u want some spice in it you may add one crushed green Chili for a spicy flavor.